Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Army Strong
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i guess its a stupid question :D

haha but

i know on a VW one of the Condenser wire hookups to the coil..

then theres a little box about half way down the wire.. dosent it hook up to the points??

-Figured it was easier to just ask

·
Registered
585 Posts
The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask, that burnt your car to the ground! (I'm assuming it is 12v neg ground also assuming it is a vw bug) Positive 12v wire should be connected to one side of a balast resistor (ceramic rectangle) the other side should then be connected to the +pos pole on the coil, the wire on the - neg pole on the coil goes to the distrubutor.I see you mention the condensor it is connected to the post on the distributor and mounts to the body of the distributor. The point gap is .016 and if you have access to a dwell meter it is 44-50.Make sure that if you are able to set the dwell angle that you do that prior to ajusting the timing. The timing is set at 3* ATDC (DO NOT DISCONNECT THE VACUUM HOSE) That's how I've always seen them. If someone knows something else on this please help him out. Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.