Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure if I'm allowed to post in here but since the thread isnt locked...

Really cool art, brickyardboy! And congratulations, even though its about a year late :)

Also wondering what this art contest is. Is it a regular thing? And why cant I find any sections related to it on the boards? Thanks in advance for answering if I'm asking stupid questions lol.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Just saw this post. Thanks, by the way, for the compliment! This art contest was a monthly event, and offered a $50 Speedway gift certificate as prize to the winner. I think that it was discontinued for lack of interest because not enough artists participated, and not nearly enough forum members took the time to view the art that was entered. In the beginning, a fellow artist and participant offered the prize (Mark?) then the admin/mod took it on. At the end, there were just a handful of the same artists and dedicated viewers involved, so it faded away. It was lots of fun, and gave everyone a reason to become creative, even if it was only for once a month. Your top-notch artwork would have fit in just fine!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have not heard anything that they would consider starting up this monthly contest again. I would think that it would be posted here in the "art" section if the site decided to continue with it. It was fun while it lasted, and gave the contributing artists a reason to utilize their talents, even if only for once a month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts