Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
First name...............Shawn
631 Posts
Thanks. A few misprints id like to note. The article states that the owner built the door panels and i covered them. This obviously is false, I designed, fabricated and covered the panels. It also says the seat are ostrich. They are actually UltraLeather with a tiny insert of ostrich. The pictures turned out great though!

·
First name...............Shawn
631 Posts
Yeah that part is correct...ill tell the true story if anyone cares.

That car was originally owned by one of my dads good friends, Dave Long. Dave Long, not the 21 year old that owned it when it was featured (it has changed hands twice since he owned it) was the one that cut the roof off of the car and retrofitted the Lebaron top bows into the car. Dave did the entire frame work including the air ride suspension. As I said, he was the one that cut the roof off and modified the Lebaron top bows to work with the car. He did alot of the body work too, like the sinking the headlights and tailights into the fenders, door handles, new hood and deck lid, etc. Josh, the 21 year old that bought it and finished it did alot of work also. Since he works at a body shop, he got the body into the shape its now in. ALOT of work was needed to do this, but the car was NOT the basket case that the article said it was. Dave drove the car for like 4 or 5 years before Josh purchased it and finished it, it just needed some finish work. Josh, the 21 year old, did make some really nice pieces for the car. The grille was all hand made, along with the side trim, the dash and wrap around pieces, the painted portion of the console, were all hand made by the owner also. Everything in the interior that is not painted was fabricated by me. There are ALOT of false things in that article.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
WOW! I am impressed KristKustoms. I have been following your posts for quite a while and am not surprised. I'm going to get a copy of the mag tomorrow. Your posts have motivated me to get my old machine out of storage and get back into the business part-time. Thanks and I wish you continued success!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.