Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I read this forum a lot and today i need some help. My consew 206 jammed while winding some bobbins, thread must have still been in the needle.

Anyway, Now my presser foot is not lifting. the vibrating/walking foot and needle are working. Just zero movement from the stationary foot. I am familiar with adjust these for height and movement. When I look inside nothing looks broke or out of place but honestly I can not figure out what drives the foot. Looking at the parts diagrams and manual , i can not figure out what might be a miss. Both feet lift with the knee lift or lever.

While investigating today i notices the needle is also being struck by the bobbin case after it walks back.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts
You don't have a stationary foot on your machine, both halves of the foot go up and down. When your machine is sewing, one half of the foot is up, and the other half of the foot is down, they alternate back and forth. You probably jammed up some thread under the bobbin case. The upper shaft turns the mechanism that makes the needle and the two halves of the foot go up and down. The lower shaft turns the hook. When you turn the hand wheel towards you, does the hook turn? (the hook turns clockwise to pick up the thread from the needle) If not, the clutch has tripped. You need to clear the obstruction from under the bobbin case before you try to re-engage the safety clutch. Your manual will tell you how to re-engage the clutch.

You can't have thread through the eye of the needle when you wind bobbins, or you will jam up the bobbin case, unless you are sewing something at the same time as you are winding the bobbins. You're lucky, the bobbin case comes right out of your machine to load the bobbin. On other machines you wouldn't be so lucky.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Figured it out this morning, hope this might help someone in the future.

My machine always had a slight bind on the down stroke. The bell crank arm would strike the presser foot shaft. Finally the presser bar lifting bracket slipped (but still tight to the feel).

Anyway, once I adjusted the presser bar lifting bracket the machine lifts the foot and has zero bind.

http://www.consew.com/Files/112347/PartsBooks/206RB-5.pdf

pages 5-8

Hope this saves someone some headache

1 - 3 of 3 Posts