Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello HotRodders! I am in a Consew 226 industrial walking foot machine quandary:confused:. In a fairly sudden manner my normally smooth machine has an issue with the bobbin mechanism binding with the bottom of the feed plate causing the bobbin mechanism to cease spinning and therefore basically locking up the machine because it can not spin. The bobbin case may have raised in height somehow by about 1/16". I did have a seemingly minor thread jam. I have since removed the entire shaft / bobbin apparatus and there is nothing jamming the works anywhere that I can locate. This is a relatively new machine for me ~ I am at a loss and wonder if anyone else has had this issue and what did you did to fix your machine. Thanks for your thoughts!

·
Registered
36 Posts
The initial bind up may have caused the set screw to move in the gear on lower side of the hooks shaft and this raised the hook and bobbin case latch to hit the top slide plate also, this has a spec clearance measure too ( for a check later).
Anyway you know the hook point is suppose to be in the scarf cutout on needle and now it is probably hitting just above and may be dead on the needle so puts the stops on things possibly.
The hook will probably push by the needle with force but all wrong and just jacked up.
I would first take a looksee at the hook point when it is at the needle area, this should be after needle bdc and heading back up (look in spec) 3/32.
This is where the hook-point should be in center of scarf / cutout on the needles hook right side.
Some times getting serious ya know that feed dog plate removal gives a better view if working on stuff in there, but we shouldn't run or spin the hook much like this, maybe just by hand. I think were on the same page.

Just take a look see again and post back, I'm just as curious.

Floyd

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts
Don't try to fix this yourself, take it to a professional industrial sewing machine mechanic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts