Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am new to this forum and hot rodding in general. I recently bought a 88 GMC Sierra that has a 383 stroker high nickel block, scat stroker crank, 400 rods, Kieth Black lightweight pistons, Comp cam and a 700r4 transmission with a B&M shift kit and B&M light truck mega shifter. I'm not sure what kind of torque converter is in the trans but when I'm driving around town the engine lugs unless I really hammer the throttle. I'm sure this truck was designed to be driven with the throttle fully depressed but I am considering getting the B&M converter lockup control to reduce the engine lugging. Anyone use this and would this help? Installation seems straightforward. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I had my VIN # and data plate decoded would that tell me what gears I have? I looked on the firewall and there is a plate on there that has been painted over but I can make out the numbers and letters. Is that the data plate? Also, in the glove box there is a sticker with a whole lot of numbers and letters on it. What would that be and what could it tell me?

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
The lockup is electrically controlled. I suggest using a simple toggle switch as an arming switch so that you can prevent automatic lockup until desired, such as on the highway. Automatic lockup engagement speed can also be altered by changing the oil pressue switch inside the pan to a higher pressure rating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.