Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
likes chevy trucks & boobies
1,971 Posts
hum everyone of those i dont like and/or is too outlandish imho

the sample pics wont show up

imho the best cop cars were and always will be the 9C1 novas, caprices, and impalas

:D

·
Registered
639 Posts
Most of them look fairly limp - wristed. Highway patrol here are mostly driving Holden Commodore SS'. You'll soon see them as G8 Pontiacs. Love to see a countach or 911 try to force a real car off the road, no good being at a fight if you can't.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was in Italy in the spring of '98. While walking to class, a motorcade came rolling by. The person must have been fairly important--there were multiple police cars, motorcycles, etc. But, what stood out to me was that there were a couple 77-92 Caprices in the formation.

Personally, I like Dr.Fresh's--but make mine all black.

·
Ford Man to the bone!!!
112 Posts
I want one of those California HP highway pursuit Hemi Dusters from back in the day. They had full roll cages and could fly.

Because I am a Ford man, I laughed when Texas switched from the 5.0 Mustang to the Camero. They wrecked several before the officers realized they could not corner near as good.

Edit: I just realized those pics from the mag back then might have been pulling my leg. They may have been just like todays DARE police promo cars. Some gung ho cop built a drag car and lettered it like his cruiser. Oh well, still be cool.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Old_97 said:
Personally, I like Dr.Fresh's--but make mine all black.
Yeah, white wasn't my first choice, but the car was too nice to pass up. The guy who sold it to me had a green '98 (this one's a '99) that had 20k less miles, but it was a beat up city car, while the '99 was a take-home deputy car, so I picked that one. Haven't regretted it, they are nice cars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
phat 300

That 300c looks wicked. I wonder if they will get over to south australia? Yeahyeah! Have you any pics of monaro or HSV cop cars? :evil:

·
Registered
106 Posts
They use the new Charger now,couldn't find a picture...

In 1947, Bruce Spurgeon became Clovis’ first Chief of Police, and was one of the City’s four officers for a population of roughly 2,500. Tan uniforms were the order of the day. Ham Radio Operator and Officer Harry Rohde built the Department’s first radio system in 1956. It worked well in the city, but not for officers pursuing suspects beyond the boundary lines. In 1963, eight years after Thomas Higgason took the reigns as Chief, the Police Department moved in with the Fire Department where the DMV building stands now in downtown Clovis. All 9 employees, including the Department’s first female officer Frances Qualls, were all sworn. And, in order to get maximum use out of the Department’s two patrol cars, officers gave each other door-to-door pick-ups at home. Navy blue uniforms were standard issue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts