Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
On The Ragged Edge
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.goDragRacing.org and *** Web and Graphic Design is proud to announce the release of the "New Speed World Dragway Website” http://www.speedworlddragway.com

Click The Image To Enter www.speedworlddragway.com

As the years have passed an overhaul was due for the longest running "Outlaw Doorslammer Race In The World". A favorite of mine and always a great time from my own experience. Website Owner Carl Weisinger was heavily involved in all aspects of the final draft while still not fully complete the World Street Nationals are just around the corner. It was essential to get it done ASAP for the many that do race the biggest there is.

Again it was a major undertaking completed in less than a month with a logo overhaul, over 20 pages of all aspects of the track, some still in the construction stage, four galleries from the godragracing.com archives, a little dash of flash, video inclusions from Arnie Cohen of course and the featured videographer. Added help from many of the media involved and the tracks own extensive resources of event coverage were much appreciated.

A simple blend of cascading style sheets, basic html, and java scripts make it owner friendly and will be maintained by both the track and goDragRacing as a complete resource for not only the street nationals but weekly track usage and events.

Please stop in, a colorful example of the Street Nationals we have all come to know and enjoy the wild action each year.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
Only Racing said:
Please stop in, a colorful example of the Street Nationals we have all come to know and enjoy the wild action each year.
Just ran across this (better late than never...) and wanted to say GOOD JOB!

The Speed World track was my home track for many years and they've done a good job overall through the years.

I'd even have to admit going to the import races a few times- this was pre-tuner days, when they'd come over from PR w/rotary powered Starlets and such. WILD wheels up, gear bangin', shift missin' action!!

The 'Night of Fire' was always a must-see, too.

·
On The Ragged Edge
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the street nationals have come under the scrutiny of many people over the years andnow the imports have taken up alot of the slack that we have lost through expensive racecars and a small amount willing to try to win the ultimate race. The tuner cars are abundant and have no races anymore with the loss of NOPI and stuffand being in or around Orlando, the community is very racially diverse. Still the best 1/4 mile drag strip in FLA IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.