Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a electric cooling fan that will fit into the end of the fan shrod with only a gap of about 3/8 in.In other words it will fill the whole round portion of the shrod.Or should I mount the fan on to the rad.I know that I would have to reinforce the shrod due to the extra weight on it,but this would be easier because the fan is larger than the rad by about 2 in. I would have to mod. the fan housing some to the point it would hang 2 in. lower at the botttom of the rad.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
This is the CCM fan on my '31. I made up 4 small brackets and then mounted the fan and shroud to the radiator frame. Sorry about the photo quality - Photobucket posted it that way:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After looking at it agine Im going to mount it onto the rad.Mounting it on the end of the shrod would seem to decrease the amount of pull it would have.

·
Everything is HAMMER!
348 Posts
In my experience an e fan shroud should not cover the whole radiator. The shroud i built for my 84 z28 covered the entire back side of the radiator with a single 16 in. E fan mounted to it. It worked very well at controlling coolant temps at low speeds, but once on the freeway it would get warm and not cool back down til i puled off and let it idle for a minute. I then cut off the portion of the shroud that wasnt under the fan to allow air to bypass at highway speeds and there were no more overheating issues, around town or at speed.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well we.ll try this for the third time,Ikeep bening bump off

quickly ,as I wright this because either it wont post or It just disapares being hijacked by pop ups that came out of nowhere.I put the cooling fan on to the rad.right up on to it.An put the oem shrold around it..Had to cut out some of the bottom of the fan shrold to make the oem shrold fit tight onto the rad.I took it out for a drive,just wiring the fan up to my power wire,no over heating problems.I wish I had someone other Camaro to compare to because in my mind mine is spintert musulec clunching fast. If I can get the revs. up to around 2600 rpms. It will fly.I need to keep an eye on my rpms.because Ive gotten it into the 5500 range wheir I have the rev limter set at.But dam its fast,I really want to compare it to something elas.Have a damm nice Sunday,IM not doing nothing,just gunna stay out of the heat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.