Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 26 T with corvair IFS,anyone know if there are tubular A-arms available for these?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Sorry, the Corvair was one of the early IFS units adapted to early cars. Usually with a Pinto rack and pinion steering attached.
When the Pinto/Mustang II was tried and found to be the "Universal" everyman's car piece the Corvair disappeared into the archives. Some cars still have not been updated but there would not be enough market for any custom jazz for that suspension...unless you look at some Corvair parts suppliers and see what they may have cooked up.
In the world of Hotrods the Corvair IFS is dead.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah. My uncle is , a Corvair Nut . Got a Pic ? <<, So I know what im talkin about ? I Know Kennedy Clutche's << Use too carry Lotts of Adapter plate's, part's etc For transmission's Etc . Maybe theres a Suspension Company can Help you out . Maybe only known Too Corvair Nut's ? I Could ask ? Sean

·
Registered
384 Posts
I've got two Corvairs, a '65 Monza convertible and a '66 500 coupe. I've never seen tubular A arms available anywhere, but a good place to look would be Clark's Corvair Parts If they don't have a part for a Corvair, nobody does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts