Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a pro-mod pickup using a complete 1995 Corvette driveline , I purchased a bracket kit from Flat out Engineering which the rear end bolts in without any welding. My question is, I have about 2-3 degrees down on the half shafts which is right but, the shafts are not 90 degrees to the housing. So, when you're standing on the side of the chassis the shafts looks to be about a 1-1.5 inches back at the rotors, 2 degrees down angle and roughly 4-6 degrees back. Flat out tells me it's normal but, it doesn't look right and I would appreciate a second opinion.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm doing a pro-mod pickup using a complete 1995 Corvette driveline , I purchased a bracket kit from Flat out Engineering which the rear end bolts in without any welding. My question is, I have about 2-3 degrees down on the half shafts which is right but, the shafts are not 90 degrees to the housing. So, when you're standing on the side of the chassis the shafts looks to be about a 1-1.5 inches back at the rotors, 2 degrees down angle and roughly 4-6 degrees back. Flat out tells me it's normal but, it doesn't look right and I would appreciate a second opinion.
I'm doing a Flat Out 84-96 vette suspension on a GMC 55.1 1/2 ton. I'm still at the collecting all my corvette suspension parts and rebuilding them before I purchase Don's parts.
I'm getting close, I am using Super Pro's suspension bushing and so far so good! They are not supposed to squeak or bind! Good luck and keep posting on your progress!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm doing a Flat Out 84-96 vette suspension on a GMC 55.1 1/2 ton. I'm still at the collecting all my corvette suspension parts and rebuilding them before I purchase Don's parts.
I'm getting close, I am using Super Pro's suspension bushing and so far so good! They are not supposed to squeak or bind! Good luck and keep posting on your progress!!
I'm curious which U-joints did you use? I don't know if I should be worried about finding coated caps because of the aluminium half shafts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts