Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
That's too funny, but if it was powered by a flatty then where are the remnants of the front mounts?

I think it's a joke within a listing. :thumbup:

Nothing wrong with that.

Later,
Mikey

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
poncho62 said:
Throw in the flatty and ne might get the $2500
It's already up to $2550. :pain: Got to love the guys humor. Flathead not included in sale. Dan

·
Troll Hunter
2,694 Posts
powerrodsmike said:
I think it's a joke within a listing. :thumbup:

Nothing wrong with that.

Later,
Mikey
I don't know Mikey, I think it's the real deal. I looked at the pics of the engine in the car and it doesn't appear to be photo-shopped. If so he's missing a better money making activity than selling that car. Because it is such a weird deal the mounts aren't needed on the front....someone that would put a flatty in a 'vette could have welded the mounts on the oil pan, they are pretty thick metal. Then again it could have been just set in there for storage to get it out of the way. I have seen weirder though, I have an article and pics of a Pinto that has an old Model "B" engine in it and it was done when Pinto's were first introduced. Some people seem to have an unlimited, but misdirected talent. :D

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Anything is possible, Woodzy. :D We all know truth is stranger than fiction, so I wouldn't rule anything out.

I don't think it was photoshopped either, I just think he set the flatty in the engine compartment as a prop.

Look at the radiator hoses, they sure point up a ways to be installed in a vette, don't ya think?

I'll bet he yanked the flathead out of whatever and had a bit of time on his hands to play around with it. And I'll bet he is laughing his tewkus off at us for trying to figure out if it's real or not.

Maybe I'll ask the seller a question :D
hahahahah

Later, mikey

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
powerrodsmike said:
Well, he answered my question.

He didn't have to yell though.

Later, mikey
I say we send Hemigremmie after him to teach him a few manners. Not nice to yell at a member of this site... :nono: Dan

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Here ya go :thumbup:

You should be able to see the questions from the link you put in your initial post too.

Hahahhaah I just noticed I called it the hotrodbulliten board. OOPS! :spank:
Later, mikey

Attachments

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks :thumbup: I clicked on the linky you sent and it asked for a login, I was confused :confused:
I highly doubt he went through all the trouble to hook up a flatty just to tick off restorers :nono:

Mike

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.