Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just given an 86 cougar from a friend. runs but has blown head gasket. Ive got the top end torn down so I can replace the head gaskets, etc and was wondering if there were any wonderful things I can do to it while I have it this far apart. Not looking for anything expensive like new heads or a supercharger, lol, but rather any cheap parts/mods I can add or things I can do to increase performance a bit. I was thinking about getting the heads and intake ported/polished but after all its just a 232 3.8l v6 and I'm not sure the result of that would be worth the $$$. So what can I do???

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
klutchmaster427 said:
I was thinking about getting the heads and intake ported/polished but after all its just a 232 3.8l v6 and I'm not sure the result of that would be worth the $$$. So what can I do???
Any attempt at adding soup to this turd is foolish in my opinion. Use it as a stock daily driver and enjoy it for what it is. You want performance, drop a 454 into a Vega.

·
Premium Member
6,623 Posts
Nothing will be cheap, just fix it and drive it...those engines weren't anything spectacular.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.