Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First hows the coupe coming Dead bodyman? Now to the rest of this.What do you drive,Or are most likely to build next or are as in Mikes case building presently??Trucks also are probly included or are included cause alot of us love drive, work ,design and build them.I personally love trucks and over my more than 50 year career as a builder, restorer, chop and cut section,Extend radicalize and section about every imaginable vehicle in our proud county.I however confess To out match a couple people I have met and are much more skilled than I ,some older,some younger that stretch elongate and conclude an extension of the origin of this work horse grandfathered by the infamous buckboard used to get the groceries weekly or when nails were needed to shoe the horse.I drive and always have one or too many in my stale and sell at least 5 or 6 more than I should but I like my trucks.Allot of reasons ,the work are compact and always unless often overworked because I've asked too much of it fail.I need my deuce extended and will and I never had a rap around rear glass or big window but If I did I would design it myself.So what do you dudes have to say about that.Oh yeah I an in the process of an S/10 pickup to coupe soon as I can get near the shop.

·
one full turn after it squeeks
1,173 Posts
As for me, I drive a '55 2dr Bel Air (see avatar) and at the rate that my old body and eyes are going, I don't know if I'll ever build another Rod. :D However, if I was to be that fortunate (aka stupid) I would like to build a simple pre-60 panel or sedan delivery with a strong inline sixer in it, standard in the floor and mid range rearend (gotta consider the price of gas when you are on a fixed income - LOL) - - - no AC, no power anything except front disc brakes and sitting on air bags. The interior would be so simple you would hear an echo if you shouted with the windows rolled up and the paint would be flat hot rod black. Painted steelies with small original beer caps and no rubber outside the wheel well. Not much chance I'll do it but that would be what I would do if I did.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Hows it going Moon? Thanks for not calling me "kid" LOL...Heres a peek at the car,I was gonna wait but ....Anyways what this ,your building one too? Thats fantastic...I just got back from a metal forming group in Rome Ga ,took four hrs to get there and its an 8hr class worth every minute...a great bunch ,Pats a retired aircraft builder and knows quite a lot about forming metal and making tools... So ....My next job will be another dead one...A 62 mga mkII worse shape than the ply many missing pieces ,I'll hand make every one,Because its fun, Hood,doors and trunk are the main ones...I'll learn a lot and plan on getting to be well aquainted with Pats brain.but I'll build a quicky 32 ford P/U along with it Chop channel 3' bed,Hemi,etc... you know the drill (a big Go Kart) For fun (short trips)..The cars my wife and I both drive are ones I built,although I dont concider them hothods they are pretty sporty, Impala LS's and both were total loss wrecks I rebuilt.....Notice the middle deck light? Look familiar? The MGA pics are on a thread I started called "what kind of car is this" I though it was an Austin Healy...LOL OOps,I keep forgetting to change the date when I recharge my battery...BDBM,Thats me.lol

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like you are.

Working your ...off man.I got to feeling better so I am sorry I haven't called .I need a time though cause of my old lady has been sick man .Hope your okay health wise.Keep in touch. :cool: :welcome:

·
Registered
56 chev on 79 chassis, 62 LeSabre
3,141 Posts
i have a hard top lemans in the carport. will start on it someday...soon?
why don't chickens drive 4 doors? cause then it'd be a chicken sedan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.