Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have a cracked 700r4 pump rotor out of a 1991 GM, and want to know if I could just swap out the bad rotor with a good spare one I have lying around while reusing the slide and rest of the pump. I mic'd both rotors with a mic that goes down to .001" and the two rotors are within a couple thou of eachother. Is it okay to do what Im asking?? Thanks guys

·
Registered
66 Posts
700 pump rotor

Well crosley would be the one to answer that one correctly. BUT I have done it myself and have had no problems. Now I stock an 11 vane kit just in case I need to rebuild a pump. The rotor kits are fairly inexpensive and you know that it is right. Look at your vanes from the rotor. Are there marks where the rings ride? If so then you might want to build the pump anyway with a rotor kit. If all looks good and you use the rotor and old vanes. Go to a transmission supply house and get the hardened vane rings. They are only a couple of dollars and one less thing to worry about in your pump.

·
Administrator
9,801 Posts
If the clearances are correct there will be no problem.

Check the sides of the vanes for wear. Sometimes the vanes will have heavy wear on the flat areas that ride in the rotor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts