Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to group, I'm new but I thought if anyone could help me, a hot rodder could. I'm trying to ID a cam I bought for my Harley. I was told it was a Crane Fireball 310 H but the cam has no identifying markings like an Andrews cam. I do have the box, but how do I find out exactly what I've got? Any help would GREATLY be appreciated!
I also bought a cam for the same Harley which has 01-092 numbers on the end. Here again NO manufacture mark so I don't know anything about this cam either. Any help on this one too would GREATLY be appreciated.

·
More for Less Racer
20,928 Posts
Yep, with unknowns or no numbers, the only way you will know what they are is to degree them out, just like you would degree them when installing them.
You reverse engineeer a cam card that way.

Or you can send it to someone with a Cam Doctor rotary scan tool and they'll measure it all out and provide the cam card.
Jones Cam Designs/Mike Jones is one place that will do it...like a $25-35 fee IIRC plus shipping. Harley might be cheaper since there are only 4 lobes and not 16.

·
Administrator
10,116 Posts
Hello to group, I'm new but I thought if anyone could help me, a hot rodder could. I'm trying to ID a cam I bought for my Harley. I was told it was a Crane Fireball 310 H but the cam has no identifying markings like an Andrews cam. I do have the box, but how do I find out exactly what I've got? Any help would GREATLY be appreciated!
I also bought a cam for the same Harley which has 01-092 numbers on the end. Here again NO manufacture mark so I don't know anything about this cam either. Any help on this one too would GREATLY be appreciated.
Moving to Engine Forum... Introduction forum is not for tech questions. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.