Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I painted a car on saturday with crossfire/basecoat clearcoat gm fleet white and it looked good ,but after a couple hours it looks like really tiny bumps or solvent popping. It was around 75 degres, i used a fast/med reducer and ch5ooo clear.I painted 3 coats of base with a 10 min flash time and 30 min before clear. I painted a truck door in july with tech base and it did fine, but everytime i use dimensions or cross/fire i get the same problem?I used a gti millineum gun with all of them. I have a friend who paints air planes and he painted a can with the sherwin williams paint they use and after a month i sanded it with a scotchbrite and cleared it with ch5000 when i painted the car and it turned out fine. So i know it isn't all me, I think it is the paint.I think the reducer or hardner is causing the problem. The cross/fire uses the same reducer in the base and clear.It might be me the problem but i have painted 5 other vehicles with dimensions and haven't had this problem until about a year ago. I'm about ready to give up but i would really like to know if it is me or paint the problem!

·
SPI Thug
3,274 Posts
arons right. you got back on it too soon. just polish it out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crossfire buffing

Since shine said polish it out i decided to try water sanding and buffing it. I sanded it with 2000 grit and buffed with a foam pad and meguires fine cut cleaner and it turned out great. Being that it's a omar jets car i'm pretty shure their gonna beat it up in parade's anyway. Thank's for all ya'lls help. I don't know if ya'll realize how helpful ya'll are but i really appreciate the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts