Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While in cruise my '14 Camaro surges slightly. I don't know if it's noticeable to a passenger but my butt can feel it. Is there a way to adjust it? It is just an annoyance but I'm thinking it could be affecting the fuel mileage? Car is an SS with manual trans and 6.2l V8.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Throw a tester on it see if you have any codes or anything "out of range" then inspect the area for any bad connections or lines that may be damaged. A faulty speed or tps could cause surging along with few other easy fixes.
But always inspect the area first to see if you have say a loose clip or bad hose before buying new sensors only to find out during the install.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Does your F body have the interactive cruise control? That when it senses a vehicle ahead of it, it slows down by itself, then speeds up when the radar doesn't "see" something in front of it?

·
Registered
1964 Thunderbird, 390 4 bbl.
58 Posts
How many mph's does it surge? From all the vehicles I've driven a little surge (+ or - 1/2 mph or so) is basically normal even on flat ground.

·
I will endevour to persevere
1,075 Posts
Not knowing if this is a drive by wire (Electronic Controlled) or standard throttle cable control I can give you advice if it is cable controlled and that is to look for excessive slack in the cruise control cable. I have a 2008 ford E150 with cable operated cruise and it started getting sloppy and not holding a speed very well. I re adjusted the cruise control cable and made it work like new again.. Your mileage may differ.:cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for your comments. I've had server issues on this end so I'm just now able to reply. I'm thinking the problem was just the wind. It was very windy the day I noticed the issue. A few days later I was traveling without any wind and the problem wasn't there. I guess my butt is just getting a little too sensitive.

·
Registered
1964 Thunderbird, 390 4 bbl.
58 Posts
Thanks everyone for your comments. I've had server issues on this end so I'm just now able to reply. I'm thinking the problem was just the wind. It was very windy the day I noticed the issue. A few days later I was traveling without any wind and the problem wasn't there. I guess my butt is just getting a little too sensitive.
That's good to hear. My dad's 05 Jeep usually surges 4-5 mph in wind or slightly rolling hills. Must be a Jeep thing... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts