Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 cummins turbo diesel with an automatic transmission, but i want to put a 5 speed in it. i cant seem to find any for this truck because they all are still in use it seems. i was wondering if the dodge 360 bellhousing would match the cummins or if i could find an adaptor plate to make it match and where? this is a very tough find because i have been looking for one for 3 months and havent been able to find anything yet
Thanks for your help
Fordcrazy going cumminscrazy

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Have you contacted a Cummins dealer?
What about salvage yards that primarily deal in trucks?

·
Licenced Automotive Technician
1,625 Posts
whatever you do, DO NOT GET THE GETRAG 5 SPEED!!!!!! i can't stress enough how much of a piece of sh1t that thing is. the reason you can't find one is that either they're still working(rare) or they are all screwed, and absolutly noone carries parts for them! i have done a swap to the newer NVG 4500 5 speed, which is a far superior trans, and dodge swapped to it in about 1993 or 94. try calling these guys, and ask for monty. they make a kit for this swap.

The Gear Center
Medicine Hat
111 Southwest Drive SW
Medicine Hat, AB, Canada
T1A 8E8
(403) 504-0605
1-866-504-0635

they may also be able to tell you who else might have this kit elsewhere. here's a hyperlink to their website, just for a look.

http://www.gearcentregroup.com/

hope this helps!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts