Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been some questions about doing this in the past.....

Not being willing to pay for a new hood and not being crazy about the cowl size of the aftermarket stuff I found, I decided to make my own. After much procrastination I finially decided to start on my hood this weekend. My last attempt yeilded a warped mess which I was not able to correct without alot of filler. This time I got some .023 MIG wire and took my time. It turned out much better and had no warpage at all.

Here is a pick of the inserts and rear graft. I could only go about 4 1/2 inches without destorting the center rib.

Click here.

[ March 08, 2003: Message edited by: TurboS10 ]</p>

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by 72 chevy:
<strong>looks like some great work as usual Chris! Ill be picking up the truck as soon as its finished, so keep me posted!! ;) :D </strong><hr></blockquote>

No problem. You can go ahead and forward me the first $10K Monday morning. The second half will be due on delivery in late July. ;)

Chris

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by stonedchihuahua:
<strong>looks good... i take it you don't wanna do an everhang?? fair nough your truck... i'd still put a scoop like that on a truck i owned</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well actually it does have an overhang. If you look closely in the picks you will see a tan strip along the back of the cowl. This is a 2" piece from the rear of the hood that I cut and grafted from the first hood I butchered. Then I made tapered fillers for the sides. It made for a really subtle, yet nice touch...if I do say so myself.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts