Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attempting to radically customize a rusted-through-junk 1950 packard 4 door sedan into a Lux-Rod. Right now i am trying to debate whether or not i should make the rear doors suicide. I am having doubts because the total space for the possible hinges is very small, approx. 5 inches. Is it possible to avoid cutting the wheel well to install hinges?

Also, on cutting the top.. is it possible to keep the rain gutters because with out them, the car looks strange..

Thanks for your time.

[ October 23, 2002: Message edited by: batuka ]</p>

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Anything is possible, the question is do you have the money or the time and skill to acomplish it. For your first question I'm sure there is enough room for your rear doors to be converted to suicide doors. Have you also accounted for the added room taking the exsisting hinges off will add? A hidden hinge kit should solve your problem, they are pretty small and compact and will require the least amount of adaptation. Your second question is a bit unclear, but I think you want to know if you can chop the top amd still keep the drip railing, the answer is yes, but do to the degree of chop you do, you might have to reconstruct/reinstall part of the railing. If you nedd anymore help let me know.

HK

1 - 2 of 2 Posts