Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
And I spose there ain't a thing wrong with his hearing....Lawdy, that shoulda made one heqq of a racket. If they ever pass a law against stupid.. :D

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,460 Posts
I had a guy next door to me who specialized in Audis. He did a lot of the old 100's in the eighties and they had an inboard disc brake on the fronts. It was front wheel deive and the darn discs where like on an XKE rear on the inside of the axles. Needless to say, people would let them go because they were so expensive to change. I remember one where the rotors were worn all the way thru with the "pads" (what was left of them) touching each other and a RING created by the outside of the rotor just hanging there on the caliper!

Brian

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
MARTINSR said:
I had a guy next door to me who specialized in Audis. He did a lot of the old 100's in the eighties and they had an inboard disc brake on the fronts. It was front wheel deive and the darn discs where like on an XKE rear on the inside of the axles. Needless to say, people would let them go because they were so expensive to change. I remember one where the rotors were worn all the way thru with the "pads" (what was left of them) touching each other and a RING created by the outside of the rotor just hanging there on the caliper!

Brian
Like this?

Guess that means he's not rotating his tires either lol.

K

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
That's unbelievable without that picture. Wow, I don't think I would believe that if it weren't in a picture.. :pain:

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,460 Posts
killerformula said:
Like this?

Guess that means he's not rotating his tires either lol.

K
LOL. that is exactly what I am talking about. LOL

Brian

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
DoubleVision said:
You guys just don`t reconize quality brakes that`s all,,
I bet those brakes will stop on a dime and cut 2 nickels lol.
There's no material left to cut nickels from.... :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.