Hot Rod Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Gotta love a turbo!
2,699 Posts
I don't think the bolt for his line goes into the tube, looks like a bracket welded to the tube.
Apologies, hard to tell from the pic. My experience is limited to to GM & Ford axles, I've never seen an axle not vented thru a vent bolt thru the brake block tapped into the LH tube.

Russ

Reactions: jagco

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have another question, Should I close the 5/16 round open on this in close to base, where my finger is or just leave it. The vent is at just before 2 "O" clock you can how it's line up cover below the rear.
Going to install it tomorrow, What you guy's think before I install it. If don't work then axle tube here i come will go head and pull the it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
this may work i road around for about 1.5 hour not leak out hose, but forgot to tighten the full screw all the way. small drips. but no leaks out the hose i ran from the cover to the truck rear of the cab.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
hey guy's thanks so much for the info, went back out for about 1 hour. no leaks i think all's good.

·
'23 T-Bucket Pickup
1,851 Posts
You don't have to tap anything, the threads are there. Pull that bolt, it doesn't have anything to do with the brake system other than holding the brake distribution block in place. Note the thread size/pitch, there are numerous places selling the vent bolts.

Russ
Same here Russ . I sold my T-Bucket in June of 2019 because of my back.. I'm 69

21 - 29 of 29 Posts