Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
More for Less Racer
20,218 Posts
Swing and a miss on this one....the original has such iconic lines it should never be messed with beyond wheel flares and possibly nose spoilers.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I have to agree with Eric on this one... WAY to bulky looking afterwards. Does not look good to me.
Mark

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Swing and a miss on this one....the original has such iconic lines it should never be messed with beyond wheel flares and possibly nose spoilers.
Thanks, I can appreciate considering it an icon in design, this edit was inspired by the Ferrari GT250 "Breadvan"

I kinda thought the Daytona nose looked a bit long for public street use, and the rear half was rather Vette-like.
So I had shortened the front & moved the rear wheels back a bit, enclosed the rear glass, and created the rear upper section with a vertical window.
I also figured space to carry the golf clubs was a bonus. ;)

Here's a quickie re-edit replacing the original longer nose.
Is this better in proportion?

·
More for Less Racer
20,218 Posts
Better with the longer nose.....but either version looks better than that ugly Ferrari....got to be about the ugliest Ferrari I've ever seen, I have never seen that version before.

I'd like to see a Shelby AC Cobra 427 Roadster with the Daytona inspired roof on it if you could manage that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amazing what you can find on the 3rd page of a google search unrelated to what your looking for..., but yet coincidentally familiar to something else.

In finding this, would make me guess my hi-tail concept for the Daytona was perhaps not that odd afterall...note the rear window and tail shape of this Alfa-Romeo TZ3 Corsa Zagato.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts