Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Totally up to you and Santa but you can buy a very nice helmet on ebay for a helluva lot less money. Auto dark, solor powered, they have the same glass and innards as the high priced Lincols and Millers. Now if you were a professional that welded 5 /6 days a week or JUST HAD to have a $300 dollar rig to impress your buds then spend the extra bucks. I think I paid $60 for mine, can't hurt to take a look.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Totally up to you and Santa but you can buy a very nice helmet on ebay for a helluva lot less money. Auto dark, solor powered, they have the same glass and innards as the high priced Lincols and Millers. Now if you were a professional that welded 5 /6 days a week or JUST HAD to have a $300 dollar rig to impress your buds then spend the extra bucks. I think I paid $60 for mine, can't hurt to take a look.
The helmet in your picture is not a large lens helmet if it is this helmet: new Certified ANSI CE Welding Helmet Carbon Fiber Black | eBay

It states the darkening shades and size of viewing area as the same as the one I have one .

"Carbon Fiber Look
finished in a very cool black carbon fiber look. There no other welding helmets on the market with this new carbon fiber finish.
Specification

Viewing Area: 3 7/8" x 1 3/4"

•Solar powered auto-darkening filter helmet

Auto switching time: light to dark is 1/30,000 Seconds

Darkness shade control (DIN) from 9-13, Clear shade 4

"

I agree the Lincoln helmet is right at $200 shipped which is a lot.
Having worked in the trades all my life I know what I like and somethings just cost more to have.
There is nothing to impress my buddies or co workers with. The employer provides ALL the tools, we all use the same brand tools.

I would like to have a helmet that goes to shade 6 instead of 9 and a viewing area of 3.73 x 3.275 . Be able to see more in the vertical plane.

Thanks for pointing the other helmet out and trying to save me a buck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.