Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TRYING TO MATCH A PAINT COLOR I BELIEVE TO BE "DEARBORN BLUE". ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION ON WHERE TO LOOK?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
wjat kind of car is it on? what make and year? any modern paint supply will be able to match the paint using their scanner on a sample part you bring in with the color on it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS PASADENA, ITS ON A STREET ROD PAINTED 10 OR SO YEARS AGO. I'VE ALLREADY TRIED THE "BRING A PIECE AND WE'LL MATCH IT " DEAL. THEY DIDN'T, CLOSE BUT NOT IT. I'VE SINCE LEARNED THE NAME OF THE COLOR IS DEARBORN BLUE, NON OF THE PAINT STORES HERE KNOW OF IT.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Joe, even if you find the original mix for your Dearborn Blue paintjob, I'm afraid that it won't match your 10 year old paint job as well as paint shop could. It is really surprising how years of sunlight can dull a paints color!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I think the color is not Dearborn Blue by name. Any paint store should be able to crossover or discover the paint code (mixing instructions) for your color by the name. I think the painter or former owner has an incorrect memory chip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts