Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling a rebuilt 396/325hp true original properly suffix coded and proper VIN numbered 1968 Camaro engine. Pls advise correct definition of a long block versus a short block with regards to; fuel pump/pulleys/heads..
Thanks!

Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops! A person by the name of Duece, a Moderator here has in fact answered me question re. fuel pump/ pulleys / heads / balancer that belong to the original
block.. Now, here is the 2nd part, what is a basic difference in pricing a long vs short block when selling.. Engine completely rebuilt incl heads..
Thanks!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No problemmo Curtis.. How about the second part of the question; i.e. if I made the engine a short block instead of the current long type it is now, how would taking the close chambered 215s off and pulleys affect the pricing of the 396+030 ?? Again, all is rebuilt and sitting on a stand.
Thanks, and have a good day!!
T.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
opelitis5 said:
if I made the engine a short block instead of the current long type it is now, how would taking the close chambered 215s off and pulleys affect the pricing of the 396+030 ??
Consider advertising it as:

Chevy big block engine 396/325 HP from a 1968 Camaro, complete, freshly rebuilt, including (enter spec's here)- including the stamped block ID w/suffix showing the Camaro app- along w/all the parts by brand that were replaced and machine shop work done.

List the parts that are to be included in the sale, like intake, pulleys, starter, carb, dist, etc.

Heads are always available- there are many more heads than surviving blocks!

Bottom line- I would sell it as a complete engine or as a longblock if you don't have all that's needed to call it complete.

Good luck.

·
Banned
9,993 Posts
you're probably going to have to sit on it for a while too if you're hoping someone who cares about matching numbers to offer you more than a person would for a plain jane 396. numbers matching is beginning to mean less and less... Good luck though, and maybe try advertising in Hemmings or something like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.