Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
eat a beaver, save a tree
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm wanting to put the degree marks on my balancer. i know they make timing tapes & ever covers that go over the balancer, but i want to put the timing marks on the balancer with a engraving tool or stamp set. it's a 8" sbc balancer. how can this be done? thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
The only way I can think of accurately transferring degree marks is to buy the timing tape and make a mark through it and peel it off.

·
Registered
532 Posts
DIY timing tape:
Use masking tape, if you have a 8" balancer thats a 25.133" circumference. Divide that by 360 means each degree mark would be 0.0698" apart. I took a piece of masking tape and stuck it to a wine bottle aligned from top to bottom (any smooth clean surface will do). Then I mark it with a pen for the degrees I want, using a caliper to get it pretty acurate (a good ruler would do though). Then just stick the tape to your balancer, if you want to permantely transfer the marks to the balancer go ahead and do it, maybe spraypaint the balancer then scribe the numbers in.

·
eat a beaver, save a tree
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, i should have paid more attention in school. i wasn't sure how to find the circumference.

dia. x pie (3.14)=circumference

1 - 5 of 5 Posts