Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone turned the windows on the front doors into a single glass.My doors on the 52 chev have have the vent window and I would like to delete them altogether and just have a 1 peice window .Any ideas.52kiwi :cool:

·
a.k.a. Rusty Shackelford
226 Posts
Hate to ask but what kind of car/truck/canoe do you own? You can by one peice windows for a lot of old cars that basiclly drop right in place.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1952 4dr deluxe Chevrolet.Kits for this such job in New Zealand are not avaible.Just throught someone might have done this before and might be able to help me.

·
Got Ouzo for touzo
415 Posts
I had it done to a old VW beetle I did California style. I had a friend at the glass shop do all the measurement and cut it. But my beetle had flat glass, newer cars would be harder to do. Does your ride have flat glass side windows? If so it should be easy.

Good idea by the way, they do look a lot better tat way, in my opinion.

bonuts

·
Registered
62 Posts
If its flat glass, make up a full size template out of ply. Use about 4mm or 5mm thick as this is how thick the glass will be. Then when you get your template and it fits good, take it too a glass shop and ask them to cut it, bevel the edges, and then temper it. You can also get it tinted if you want.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Did it to my Henry J < and it was easy- mocked up template out of 1/4" masonite and took it to the glass shop and had the pieces cut. Ran power windows so had to extend the channel support for the bottom of the window to keep it level in the track. Works great- no whistles or leaks yet... Yes they DO look a lot better w/out the outdated vent windows in my opinion. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts