Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All.
Give me an idea to my blower motor buildup if ya can? Guesses, dyno's, I really just want an idea. Tnx, Hg
350, 030 over. Steel crank n 5.7 steel rods.
TRW dished blower pistons giving 8.4-1 comp
434 heads, ported with 2.02X1.60 valves flowing 200cfm
465-488X290-300 cam, [email protected], 112 lobe seperation, 1700-5800 rpm range
msd ignition
Weiand 6-71 blower, 6-8lbs of boost
2 edelbrock 600cfm carbs
S-10 rear dump headers going into 3 inch pipe, then 3 inch inlet n outlet mufflers and 3 inch pipe to the rear again.
Ideas, guesses, ect... welcome. HG

d

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
DD2k does NOT calculate blown motors correctly with over 5 lbs. of boost. Nor does it calculate roller motors correctly with .050 spec. You'll notice a loss of up too 50HP when going from advertised (006) spec to .050 spec in DD2k with roller cams.

They never did take care of those bugs.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
475'ish horsepower with those heads I can handle. Id like to say 500 just for bragging rights, but I can live.
Thanks guys. Was this done on the dyno 87442lover was describing? If so, that will hit over my 500 mark.
I'll try the one spinn sent me as well. Tnx, HG :D

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
500HP should be within your reach. Don't know if you can get there with those head though. Also the Edelbrock carbs are going to be a "challenge" as well. You should be able to make plenty of torque with the combo you listed.

The numbers listed by stepside454 sounds right on the money to me, for a 350 with 6lbs of boost and the parts you listed. I would be willing to bet he is within 5%.

I will try to find and post the boost calculator I found online. I think I lost my bookmarks since then.

Royce

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea.
My buddy dwn the road ran the same basic setup and said it was a real tourque monster, ran on pump gas, ran cool and looked great!
If the more expensive heads will only net me 20-40 horses and most in the mid to upper 6 grand mark, then I'll stick with these heads Im lookin at unless I just find a cant refuse em set for a good price.
Would the bigger cam with 488-510X300-310, 234[email protected], 112 lobe sep work better? Its in the 1500-6500 rpm range. I as because I have a super light car(2600-2700lbs with me in it), so I dont need total low end, even though the rpm range is lower in the beggining.
I cant get the site that Spinn gave me to work right, so any calculating for me will be appreciated. Im ordering my kit by Wednesday, so Im making sure everything is the way I need it to be. Tnx, HG
p.s. Heres the heads Im lookin at. Supposed to flow 200cfm and has the big valves. 550 or so with shipping and screw in studs and guidplates installed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7927656247&category=33617

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
If you have DD2k now, put in 4 or 5 lbs of boost, then start going up the numbers, you'll notice it seems to hit a road block at 5psi, wonder why?.

Also try setting everything on the cam up with advertised spec, write the numbers down and then try the same thing in .050 spec using a roller cam. Notice the huge drop?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know Im using the same setup B&M used on there dyno mule engine. and although they used a little more boost, It woulda still made a little over 500 horses. Im not sold on these dyno's. HG:confused:

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
HG if your having trouble appling cams files ,or working with desktop dyno in general,maybe start a thread on how to use it?

i used desktop dyno to creat a rough estimate before i build my 440 cuda. very glad i did,turned out i have power where i want.

your no dummie! we can help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts