Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a motor numbers are : on rear 3970014 and up frt. on altenor pad are 15p491871 and to424cmj date stamp is d1175. i have heard its a 74 350 out of a police car. any info would be very helpful,thanks.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
The block casting number comes back as a 350...70 - 76, 2 or 4 bolt. Does'nt really matter what it came out of, police engines were no different than the rest. If the blocks in rebuildable shape then its a good foundation to start from.......what are you going to build?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
327NUT said:
The block casting number comes back as a 350...70 - 76, 2 or 4 bolt. Does'nt really matter what it came out of, police engines were no different than the rest. If the blocks in rebuildable shape then its a good foundation to start from.......what are you going to build?
i got a 79 camaro just picked it up today, and yes motor is still running strong prime for a little upgrading, thanks for info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.