Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Since the Summit Racing website suck more and more with each little change so I switched to Jegs. Their website is just as bad and with my last order only a few items say shipped from vendor and the rest is still pending and it has been 6 days.
Their phone does not work and emails bounce back.

What retailer does everyone buy from and am I the only one that thinks Summit is ruining their website?

Chris

·
More for Less Racer
19,961 Posts
Hello All,

Since the Summit Racing website suck more and more with each little change so I switched to Jegs. Their website is just as bad and with my last order only a few items say shipped from vendor and the rest is still pending and it has been 6 days.
Their phone does not work and emails bounce back.

What retailer does everyone buy from and am I the only one that thinks Summit is ruining their website?

Chris
It has been mentioned on other site's.....Jeg's has had some kind of operating system crash was the last i heard on it, and to give it some time....Jeg's have a big banner at the top of the home page about it.

CoVid fear has everything slowed way down in every supply chain, not just speed parts.

I will agree, Summit new online search sucks bigtime.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I still use summit even with the terrible site.
I usually check Jegs for a discount code though,Summit accepts their discount codes these days.

last year I bought a bunch from Holley and Edelbrock directly. As they have like 8 brands each you can get a lot there, the refurb parts from Holley had some pretty good deals I’ve found, like carbs and ignition parts for around 50% off

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has been mentioned on other site's.....Jeg's has had some kind of operating system crash was the last i heard on it, and to give it some time....Jeg's have a big banner at the top of the home page about it.
I use Ublock addon and the banner was scrubed from the page. Turned it off and there is the message. Without Ublock I can't use have the websites.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something with jegs still doesn't pass the sniff test. Maybe they did have a website/tech crash but their phone system does not even answer with a recording,,, I get a my verizon wireless message saying I can not complete the call.

Even if they had a crash, I would contact the phone company and have the main line forwarded to a working number with at least a message.

I can't even cancel the items that have been pending for a week now.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I had a few items with Summit that I had to return and also some questions on some things and the Covid stuff has put a wrench into every gear imaginable and have caused all kinds of chaotic stuff to go wrong. With Summit I had to wait on the phone for over an hour just to talk to somebody and I live in Ohio and over the last year its been unreal on the changes since the covid junk went into effect. Summit used to be 24/7 but now have limited hours for phone connections.

Many parts I have wanted to get I had to get elsewhere such as ebay and rockauto and others just for some basic that normally would be in stock at summit etc. I recently wanted to get a certain carb but wanted to wait and within days the count that sellers on ebay and also summit and jegs where almost low to nothing and did not know when they would be back in stock so I bit the bullet and bought ahead of time even though I did not want to.

Supply chains are being interrupted and production is down across the board. The retail stores in my area have bare shelves everywhere for many different things across the board from food, to housewares, to automotive stuff, and even toys and other things. Stuff is getting harder and harder to just get at the click of a button or going to your local stores anymore with what all is going on and I feel it won't get any better in the coming months and even years as things will never be the same again like they once was with all the lock downs going off and on back and forth and closing and then opening up back and forth type of a deal.

Also they are doing different ways and methods of shipping things and costs are going to go up and supply chains will continue to struggle and in some ways I have seen where they have so much backstock they can't even ship certain things and it will be waiting for a long time. I collect certain items and there has been shipping problems and release dates have been kept moving forward when they would arrive and be released etc. Things are going to keep getting more worse in my opinion. I had to get stuff from Summit, then ebay and my auto stores and also rockauto just to get what I need for a small block chevy and that is telling you something when that is the most used engine among hotrodders vs any other from the last time I have heard about stuff.

I think with the whole Green new deal stuff and with the so called build back better stuff being thrown around I fear its just a matter of time before the hotrodding industry as a whole will be a target and who knows where that will go. Just my opinion on that one.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Selection at SuperShops doesn't seem to good. Also, prices aren't competitive with Summit and jegs.

i just priced out a fuel pressure gauge. $10 cheaper at summit after shipping and handling.

COME ON SUPERSHOPS, GET IT TOGETHER.

·
True Hotrodder
1,574 Posts
Something with jegs still doesn't pass the sniff test. Maybe they did have a website/tech crash but their phone system does not even answer with a recording,,, I get a my verizon wireless message saying I can not complete the call.

Even if they had a crash, I would contact the phone company and have the main line forwarded to a working number with at least a message.

I can't even cancel the items that have been pending for a week now.
Same here - got a partial order and a couple of items were "back-ordered". I want to cancel them but can't make any contact with them.
I'm thinking that they got hit with ransomware. We had a local paper pulp outfit that got hit late last year and due to the chemicals that are used in the process, they ended up shutting down completely. They are working again but according to one report they had to sweep their entire IT system.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think the problem with Summit is that their IT dept management is probably not made up of car guys and gals. It;s bad when searching for simple items takes 20 minutes because the site directs you to other items, but not what you inquired about. Kind of like wanting an anchor, but they want to sell you a boat. Any complaints are not heard, at least they don't make it to management. You know there is a problem when it is being discussed on automotive websites. It's obvious these issues are not being discussed by management furing their daily golf game.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Summit's website used to be one of the best, except for being limited in the number of items that could be returned when filtering a search. Seems they threw the baby out with the bathwater with the new website. I have even searched for items on Google that led me to Summits site, then decided to look for similar items at Summit. My new search didn't even return the original item that the Google search found in the first place!

Jeg's website has always sucked. It was easier to get the part number from Summit and search for that on the Jeg's site. Occasionally Jeg's will be cheaper, not often though.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Just guessing but perhaps Summits website has been tweaked to maximize profit and not ease of use. Vendors pay big to get their results near the top with google.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm thinking that they got hit with ransomware.
That was my thought...
The company I work for makes software for the automotive mfg/wholesale industry, and we've had at least a few customers get hit with the ransomware thing.
I think most or all of them ended up paying the ransom. I'm not sure if paying the ransom worked for all of them or not...

Why isn't our illustrious Federal "Intelligence" (so-called) Community hunting down these bastards and taking out the sumbitches, old-school style?
They're too busy going after American Citizens who don't subscribe to the left-wing Big Brother Cult...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I agree Summit's search function has gone downhill. Have you noticed how many items are marked "only x number of items left, order soon"? According to that the Summit warehouse is starting to look empty.
Anymore, if what I need is less than $100, I go to Summit to find a part number, then order it through Amazon prime to avoid shipping charges.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I've ordered from Summit in the past week without issue. My last Jegs order was about a 4 weeks ago and also no issues. Also, I've doe jaw22w mentioned, as much as I hate Amazon, I buy a crap ton of stuff from there.

Part supply is going to be God awful for the next 6-12 months, it's been pretty well documented. If you order something that's on backorder when you place the order, then be prepared to wait it out. If you find something you want/need but were planning a future purchase, then I'd say buy it while it's available.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Get the part number off of jegs etc then hop onto amazon.
Amazon carries most of the same stuff and it will be to your door faster.
I ordered speedway spring sliders yesterday off Amazon. No prime or anything with basic free shipping I expect them to arrive by Friday if not sooner.

A reseller like jegs, or summit, or speedway, or amazon is just a reseller. They may sometimes repackage/rebrand a item(now its American). But it is still the same item. If Amazon has that item in stock well they have a quick delivery time in my book. Summit has surprised me a few times. Having the stuff on the back of a truck and delivered next day before. Like wow I ordered this yesterday and expected it in 3 more days as I am cheap and always go for free shipping.

I think these resellers should give free t shirts. I have little use of a yellow baseball cap. But a t shirt can eventually become a shop rag. I dont know what the amount is. I just know I have had a dozen or so of those yellow hats.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Since the Summit Racing website suck more and more with each little change so I switched to Jegs.
You got that right! Summit's website used to be very easy to use, but now it's totally screwed up when doing searches. You can enter the usual filters, but they don't always work, and sometimes they don't even find parts that you know are there!

E-commerce websites are supposed to get better, not worse. Bring back the previous version!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
You got that right! Summit's website used to be very easy to use, but now it's totally screwed up when doing searches. You can enter the usual filters, but they don't always work, and sometimes they don't even find parts that you now are there!

Shopping websites are supposed to get better, not worse. Bring back the previous version!
FWIW, there is an IT guythat is thinking he/she made it better when in fact the only accomplishment ws FUBAR lol.

Probably too many diplomas made the decisions lol.

·
Registered
903 Posts
FWIW, there is an IT guythat is thinking he/she made it better when in fact the only accomplishment ws FUBAR lol.

Probably too many diplomas made the decisions lol.
Or as someone said above, no car guys doing web development.:confused:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts