Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just ban hunters.Down here there out of control.
30 dogs to hunt deer its hunting not a search and destroy mission.
And that stuiped camo clothing deer cant see colors.
But i know its a macho thing.
They run these dogs until they drop. Half of them dont feed
these dogs,I have rescued a few they are so thristy .
Most should be charged with cruelity to these dogs.
Thought hunting was when you went into the woods alone
or with friends and HUNTED for the deer.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get a little annoyed when I hear the shot guns going off in the woods behind my house, which is illegal to hunt in because of all the houses. But the deer population needs cut down, so I say shoot as many as you can. You might kill the one that would otherwise be coming through my windshield.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thats what causes deers to crash through windshields here.
Hunters driving them out of the woods into the road.
No deer related crashes until hunting season.
If they cant get off there fat buts and find one themselves they
dont need one.

·
Are we having fun yet?
213 Posts
Why was he using a SKS Semiautomatic?
A deer rifle I think NOT. He needs to be sent back to his homeland in Vietnam.

·
107 Posts
Linda R. said:
Thats what causes deers to crash through windshields here.
Hunters driving them out of the woods into the road.
No deer related crashes until hunting season.
If they cant get off there fat buts and find one themselves they
dont need onJust ban hunters.Down here there out of control.

e.
Lady you are a RETARD!

·
Are we having fun yet?
213 Posts
Same avatar Ghetto.
This guy wasn't out for deer hunting. He wanted to kill someone, but instead of 1 he killed 5. When arrested his 20 (yes 20) round clip was empty! Things like this make me sick.

Norm.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hunters

Makes me worry about Hunters. Me working with Fish & Wildlife I'm right in the middle with these hunters. Hope there are no copy cat killers around. Linda's right vehicle accidents with deer do increase in hunting season.
But Linda, come on, my uniform in the winter is camo.
Over the years I would say about 50% of hunters have no business with guns. Most cannot prove to me safe & intelligent operation of a firearm. I place my bets on the deer being the smartest in most cases.
Now some may get mad at that statement but it is true and I'm involved in it everyday. I'm glad to have a shop to come home to, to get away.
This guy had to be sick. No one in their right mind would kill so many over a disputed hunting spot. I've seen pot-shots and fist fights but not that, never. Hunting accidents have risen over the years but that is just murder any way you look at it.

·
107 Posts
Nightfire said:
I see we've reached 4th grade:thumbup:

Mike
Read her post man it is retarded. 30 dogs come on how could you possibly hunt with 30 dogs? Ban all hunters ***? this guy isn't a hunter he is a low life piece of scum murderer. Im sick of people *****ing about hunting and guns saying that guns kill people. people kill people not guns.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have hunted for 40 years. never ran into the radical bunch. As far as deer and roads, they cross our roads all year long and in the same spot and usually about the same time of day. Their travels do change a bit when it is dry and when the feed changes, acorns being a big one. Then the farmers harvest the corn, they change there routes, If you watch the area and the weeds along side of the roads you can see where they cross. Then slow down. We have a very large herd in our area. More that can survive if we get heavy snow. Ever see a deer in late winter when the weather is harsh for a long period? Acres of farm cops in the spring and summer cause a rapid fawn rate. then the fall harvest just strips the fields clean. So who is throwing things out of balance? By the way I gave up gun hunting because the season is to cold for me now. I now hunt with a bow, And that is not easy.

·
Licenced Automotive Technician
1,625 Posts
people kill people not guns

That's about all I'll agree with. The misconveption out there is that guns are evil and bad. A gun without a mind and body behind it is just an inanimate piece of metal and wood. It's like saying that a car is bad and evil, because some people are killed in car crashes. Whenever anyone is killed, in whatever method, be it accidental or homicide, it is an enormous tragedy that not only takes one life, but all the lives that individual may have produced and touched. However, the reality is that without the person to load the weapon, and pull the trigger, a gun cannot harm anything.

To blame the hunting community for this one persons actions is not only uninformed, it is tatamount to persecution. The generalization is unfounded, and if the blame must be placed, it should rest solely upon the perpetrators shoulders, and be damned with any of this psyco babble bullsh1t. He shot and killed those people, and should be punished for it, as the victims' families will have to deal with the loss for the rest of their lives.

The people who are hunters, at least in my area and the area I grew up in, are people who not only care about the "sport", for lack of a better word, but also care about the impression they will leave upon John Q Landowner, as well as the public. They abide by the regulations, and have an enormous respect for the enviroment and the Fish and Game officers.

Sorry to rant, but it really chaps me that the actions of a few have continued to tarnish the reputation of everybody else. The [problem isn't the guns, it is the people we are allowing to use them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I completely agree with sbchevfreak its not the guns its the people. sbchevfreak is from Canada a land with 10 million people and 7 million registered guns yet they only have appox. 170 murders a year. some how in the US we have far fewer guns yet seem to figure out how to murder one another 10,000 + times a year. yet trying to blame it on the sportsmen is recklessly irresponsible. take a look at these numbers -south dakota pop. 600,000 extremely high percentage of sportsmen and gun owners- lowest murder rate in the country. Washington d.c. pop 600,000 there are NO legally owned guns in our nations capital yet it leads the country in murder rate. how does this happen? I don't know. but i do know it is obliviously not the guns. or not the law abiding gun owners anyway. and all this talk about taking away our right to own guns and using the rational that if we get rid of the guns we'll save 10,000 lives annually scares me because our beloved automobiles claim the lives of 40,000 Americans each year. so when someone starts talking about taking our rights to save us from ourselves we all need to step back and wonder how far these people are willing to go. :confused:

·
Banned
431 Posts
bud-23 said:
Why was he using a SKS Semiautomatic?
A deer rifle I think NOT. He needs to be sent back to his homeland in Vietnam.
lol, i use a mini 14 with a 30 round clip. :D

Linda R. said:
Just ban hunters.Down here there out of control.
"Just ban hunters"
you want to see a deer problem? sure ban them..........

"30 dogs to hunt deer its hunting not a search and destroy mission."
you mean 2, 3 tops? and about 90% of hunters don't even use dogs unless they are hunting wild boar.

"And that stuiped camo clothing deer cant see colors."
yeah, thats why we wear it. should we instead wear something of a solid color? or better yet, just step on every branch we see and wave our arms while screaming?

"But i know its a macho thing."
macho? not really. more like a chance to get out of the house, hang out with friends and have a good time...... all while helping to save the whiners grills and windsheilds....... oh yes, and possibly their lives.

"They run these dogs until they drop."
so what? do you actually think that these dogs are forced to run all day long chasing pigs? and if so, how do you force a dog to do it? at gun point? i don't think so. those dogs love chasing pigs. what dog wouldn't? better then being locked up in the backyard, no?

"Most should be charged with cruelity to these dogs."
you act like they beat them to death or something :rolleyes:

" Thought hunting was when you went into the woods alone
or with friends and HUNTED for the deer."
ohhhhh, so no planning should go into it, eh? just grab a gun, walk out into the woods and hope something passes you? have you ever been hunting? do you have any idea what goes into hunting? planting food plots? making deer feeders? watching when they come and go? planning? freaking anything????
i'm a far cry from an expert, but you can't sit there and talk a bunch of crap about something that you know absolutely NOTHING about.

and i shouldn't have to explain this, but i disagree with you. i am NOT attacking you, just voicing my opinion.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Can see where most everyone is coming from.Deer move alot more when it is cool,,it is when they are in rut,more and more development of rural areas are also forcing deer to roam further out than normal looking for food.The worst part about gun season is that all of a sudden everybody is a deer hunter.People who have no responsibility load the 30/30 and head out into the woods.Hunt in areas which are illegal to hunt in,or wander onto private property.Once I was hunting on some friends land in a heavy whitetail populated area.I was out with my bow,sitting on a rock ledge,the sun was just starting to come up,when I saw three guys all togather below me on my friends property,they all had their rifles,stomping around, trying to jump a deer.They never saw me above them,I just let them pass,ruined my day.But sure better than a confrontation with three idiots with guns.If there were not a season on deer,they would be like squirrels,all over the place and into everything.News just said a 6th hunter has died from that incident.Damn.

Hey Restore60's,what is the Black Bear population down there like?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Checy_Guy said:
Read her post man it is retarded. 30 dogs come on how could you possibly hunt with 30 dogs? Ban all hunters ***? this guy isn't a hunter he is a low life piece of scum murderer. Im sick of people *****ing about hunting and guns saying that guns kill people. people kill people not guns.:rolleyes:
Allright, see the beauty about the country you live in is that there is freedom of speech.:D everyone's entitled to their own opinion:rolleyes: dont like it, too bad. It's as if you'd say "I love chevelles" and I'd say "your a freaking retard". Kinda childish dont you think?:confused:

Mike

1 - 20 of 36 Posts