Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know a site where I can find out what the differences were between the different El Caminos? What makes an ElC diffeent from an ElC SS different from a Royal Knight? a Black Knight? a Conquista?

i assume they are just different options packages, and maybe some different bolt-ons like grilles or lower air deflectors, etc. but I was wondering what, exactly the differences were.

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,110 Posts
GOOGLE.COM. IF YOU CANT GET A WEB SITE CLICK ON IMAGES AND THAT'LL GIVE YOU PICTURES (DUH)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and what, exactly do you suggest i search FOR? how 'bout i tep in "the difference between a Royal KNight, A Black Knight and an ElCamino SS." i'm sure that would give me a list either a phone book long or absolutely nothing depending on the way the engine works. as for pix, they don't tell me too much about performance or options that were available.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
I have a 64 Chevelle. While I was looking for books on it I found one at the book store with Both El Caminos and Chevelles in it, it was a cross reference book. I can't remember the name of the store off hand, darn I hate when Old age catches up with me! Borders I think. You might try on line too. Ask Jeeves might help for on line book stores. :D

[ October 22, 2002: Message edited by: tm454 ]</p>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi just found this site surfing pretty cool have several rods. you can find all kinds of pictures, desriptions, models and all on elcaminocentral.com it's free just like this site and mostly elky owners with a few other side cars

·
Registered
3 Posts
Different el Camino styles

ElCaminocentral.com probably has more information than you need and lots of foks that can answer any additional questions you come up with. I really great bunch of elky-nuts.
As far as the different types, I an add this. The Black knight and Royal Knights were editions of the SS El Camino /fifth Generation. In 1978 the SS's were not big block honkers, but more a dressing with a badge.. In 1978 a black SS edition was fitted with decals (including a knight and two dragons) on the hood, some three color pinstripping, enlarges spoiler and other small modifications. It came only in Black and was called the Black Knight. In 1979, they had several different colors of this special edition and called them the Royal Knight... Mine is a black 1979 Royal Knight. Now, Choo Choo also dressed up some with light bars with two driving lights over the cab area, but I can't find anyone who has one today.
Conquistas were usually two tone and were bench seats.. I guess the prettier one of the bunch.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Miststlkr said:
and what, exactly do you suggest i search FOR? how 'bout i tep in "the difference between a Royal KNight, A Black Knight and an ElCamino SS." i'm sure that would give me a list either a phone book long or absolutely nothing depending on the way the engine works. as for pix, they don't tell me too much about performance or options that were available.
While Bullheimer's answer is abrasive, it's correct. The first result from a google search for "Royal Knight Black Knight Conquista" seems to answer at least some of your original question. At least try it before assuming what the result would be.

Larry

·
Home School Valedictorian
1,639 Posts
jjjfish1 said:
ElCaminocentral.com probably has more information than you need and lots of foks that can answer any additional questions you come up with. I really great bunch of elky-nuts.
As far as the different types, I an add this. The Black knight and Royal Knights were editions of the SS El Camino /fifth Generation. In 1978 the SS's were not big block honkers, but more a dressing with a badge.. In 1978 a black SS edition was fitted with decals (including a knight and two dragons) on the hood, some three color pinstripping, enlarges spoiler and other small modifications. It came only in Black and was called the Black Knight. In 1979, they had several different colors of this special edition and called them the Royal Knight... Mine is a black 1979 Royal Knight. Now, Choo Choo also dressed up some with light bars with two driving lights over the cab area, but I can't find anyone who has one today.
Conquistas were usually two tone and were bench seats.. I guess the prettier one of the bunch.
hope this helps.
Did you realize that this thread was over 4 years old until yesterday? The original poster has not posted on this forum since 12/02.

·
Registered
3 Posts
different el camino styles

OOOPS!.... I saw this on a search, and responded... guess I pay more attention to Elky's than years... Live and learn.

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Blackknight...all "for sales" and or "wanteds" are to be posted in the classifieds which is free to all mambers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts