Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you that do not know, Dimebag Darryl was the guitarist in the late Pantera.

At a performance last night, Bob-the lead singer of DamagePlan and Dimebag were both shot and killed, by a member of the crowd.

There may have been other deaths, but no information has been released.

RIP Darryl.

·
Registered
56 chev on 79 chassis, 62 LeSabre
3,141 Posts
is that the one i heard about where a guy jumped on stage and killed four people before the cops killed him?

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
i've been following the story on the radio all day its a damn shame funny thing is my daughter kris met vinnie paul a few weeks ago at a local mall while shopping and she got his autograph. she was so excited and now shes bummed out

its a sad day.

at the same time of tragedy we see true heroism the cop ran in with no back up and reacted instantly and then vinnie pauls drum tech dove on him to shield him when the kid turned on him. he was shot in the leg but will be ok he saved the guys life.

·
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!
363 Posts
Wonder how the heck that dude got a gun in there....
Every concert I've been to I've had trouble sneeking in a lighter, let alone a gun....Security was slacking their butts off or something I'd say. This kind of stuff shouldn't happen, stupid crazed fan thought DBD was responsible for the break up of pantera I guess........ but o well (about the break up) Pantera ruled, but good things came from the break-up (Down, Superjoint, and DamagePlan).
Missed them play at Ozzfest couple months ago in LA one of my buddys went with his girl and i decided to pass on the 3 hour lovey dubby road trip there....I should have went, now I wont see em play ever again. Thanks alot you crazed maniac with a gun, Dammmit That sucks.

Well he died doing what he loved, that's a good way to go out in a way. But still sucks.

CFH:evil:

Payday Tomorrow, Here comes the Crown and Coke, Dimebag's Favorite to pay tribute.

Also theres another thread on this here if ya didnt see it.
http://www.hotrodders.com/t53740.html

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
From the info I got it souinds like the shooter use to hang around with the band at times but was getting increasingly strange/wierd so the band had been distancing themselves from him. Nutballs... you never know who they are.

·
The AMC, FORD, & CHEVY Guy??!!
299 Posts
I've been to the venue that he was shot at several times. There is a small patio outside for ppl to get out into fresh air that has a fence around it so you can't sneak in without paying. The guy jumped the fence, came in the side door to pass up security, then ran onto the stage and shot Dimebag. So no security measures would have prevented this from happening. Nothing more than a madman snapping:pain:

Also, the local radio station has been updating for the last 2 days (610 AM) . Apparently this crazy man claimed that Dimebag stole his lyrics when he made a Pantara song.

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
This wacko was from my town....:nono:
You never know what goes through someone's head at times.
I have been to the Alrosa several times. It is a different kind of concert setting than one would typically think of. More like a large bar with a dance floor and stage. "Security" probably consisted of a bouncer or two.
Nathan also played semi-pro football in Lima, and was a discharged marine. He hung out at one of the tattoo parlors close to here and everyone said that he was kind of intimidating and strange. All he liked to talk about was Pantera.
To me it sounds like he was obsessed with them. He was never a member of the band, and before the concert he had an altercation with members of the band at the tour bus. He was wanting in and they wouldn't let him...so he came back a couple of hours later while the concert was in progress.
Later,
WEIMER

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Weimer,I heard that some just as wackos posted this guys families phone # on the net and people were calling and harassing them.What is the scoop on that.If it is true and probably is,that is pretty bad.The family had nothing to do with what that psycho did.Leave them out of it.They have a whole lot to deal with and that will never go away.If someone in your family murders someone the limelight will stop shining on them one day.When someone in your family murders a famous worldknown musician,actor,etc than they will be remembered forever.Sure hope that is not the case.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.