Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

I am considering using a disc brake conversion sold by ECI....and install a remote power brake booster... at the firewall ...and use my stock brake pedel ....They provide all necessay parts to make the swap to your existing stock spindles.......

My car is a 1937 plymouth.....all stock except for chev 350, 700r4, and chev rearend......using drum brakes at rear and stock drum on front....

Has any one converted to disc brakes on front ....and continued to use the stock master cylinder?....the stock master has a 1 1/4 " piston ...Any problems?.......with the performance of brakes?... i also plan to install a remote brake fluid resivoior to have a larger supply of fluid available.......

ANY COMMENTS?......THANKS John

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Converting to disc brakes is pretty simple but it would be foolish to use that single master cylinder when it is so simple to replace it with a dual. You really don't have to have power brakes, do you? Mounting a dual cylinder to your stock pedal bracket assembly may be very easy, so I'd check it out by buying a core at a local wrecking yard.
Are you not happy with your current drum setup?
Either way, conversion to a dual cylinder is a good idea.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts