Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
64Joker
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
f I disconnect the entire "horn relay" unit/wire(s)/harness (including the "Bat" wire from the relay to the battery) will it prevent the ignition switch from starting the engine? Or is the "horn relay" wire configuration completely independent?

Make: Chevrolet
Year: 1964

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
The horn relay is a buss bar for the fuse box, but I think there was a seperate wire that went to the ing switch. What are you trying to do..... prevent the car from starting or making sure it's elec safe?

·
64Joker
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EOD Guy

The horn relay is a buss bar for the fuse box, but I think there was a seperate wire that went to the ing switch. What are you trying to do..... prevent the car from starting or making sure it's elec safe?
Just making sure it's electrically safe! I don't plan to use the stock horn setup, or any horn for that matter. Cleaning up the wiring...

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
There should be a green wire that controls the horn relay it's self and a hot feed from the factory splice, via a fuseable link (short piece of wire that should be orange, and looks like it was spliced into the red wire) and the feed to the fusebox.

You can splice the orange and the red wires togeather, but don't get rid of the fuseable link unless you replace it with a Maxi-fuse. It the only thing that protects your elec system from a meltdown should a major short occur.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.