Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a 408W stroker with 3 duces and I'd like some suggestions on what distributor to use. I'm wanting to keep it simple, distributor and coil.

Thanks for your suggestions!!

john

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Using a GM HEI with the coil in the cap is very common, and Ford conversion distributors are available. Everything is in one package and you only need to connect up one power wire to the distributor. My understanding is that the Ford Duraspark is also simple to install.

Bruce

·
Registered
143 Posts
I like the HEI also as long as you upgrade it with better rotor button and cap. If you have a stock distributor and want to maintain stock appearance the Pertronix solid state conversion and coil work great.

Ron

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
I'm building a 408W stroker with 3 duces and I'd like some suggestions on what distributor to use. I'm wanting to keep it simple, distributor and coil.

Thanks for your suggestions!!

john
If it was me, I'd use a Duraspark. But if the amp box is a deal killer, sure... use an HEI.

But which/what ever you choose, be sure it includes a vacuum advance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.