Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Chevy 4.3 Vortec V6 out of a 1994 S10 Blazer that I've put in a 1950 Jeepster. I've removed all the Vortec intake and am using a cast 4 bbl intake from a 1980's Chevy truck. I've been told I should use a large cap HEI distributor with both mechanical and vacuum advances out of a 85-86 truck. I've checked the NAPA reman number NRD481685 and they're running $195. I see on E-Bay new 65K HEI distributors for carburated 4.3 V6 Chevy's for about $60 with a lifetime warranty. Has anyone used one of these and are both mechanical and vacuum advances required? Thanks for any info. Tom

Attachments

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
I have a Chevy 4.3 Vortec V6 out of a 1994 S10 Blazer that I've put in a 1950 Jeepster. I've removed all the Vortec intake and am using a cast 4 bbl intake from a 1980's Chevy truck. I've been told I should use a large cap HEI distributor with both mechanical and vacuum advances out of a 85-86 truck. I've checked the NAPA reman number NRD481685 and they're running $195. I see on E-Bay new 65K HEI distributors for carburated 4.3 V6 Chevy's for about $60 with a lifetime warranty. Has anyone used one of these and are both mechanical and vacuum advances required? Thanks for any info. Tom
No personal experience w/that Skip White distributor, although I did contact them regarding the inaccurate ad content about the distributor working on the 200cid/229 cid Chevy 90 degree V6- I don't think it'll work for that application. Otherwise, it is what it is: an imported distributor. They do stand behind their products but shipping is on you, should you need to return it.

If you're going to drive on the street, use a vacuum advance. More info: GM HEI.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.