Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some clearance issues with my HEI distributor and hi rise intake manifold. The base slightly scratches the manifold on a drivers side and I am concerned with being able to adjust the timing correctly. Napa online show a distributor spacer but will that affect how the the distributor gears and cam gears mesh or present any problems with contacting the oil pump drive?

Please help.....I am hoping to get my engine in before Christmas!

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
csracing said:
will that affect how the the distributor gears and cam gears mesh or present any problems with contacting the oil pump drive?
Just a guess but that spacer is probably intended to be used to install a tall block distributor in a standard BBC. A lot of the old farm trucks had 366s and 427s with the tall block and get replaced with standard block engines and rather than buy a new distributor they just shim up the original.

I'm going to say "yes" to both your questions. I would get a smaller bodied distributor or a different intake. PLUS I suspect it could cause alignment issues on the oil passages in the rear of the block. "Quick fixes" like that usually cause problems down the road when you least need them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.