Hot Rod Forum banner

whats your fav?!?!

Distributors! whats your favorite?

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Custom10 
#1 ·
Whats your favorite brand of distributors and why?

MSD for me, durable and a name you can trust.

#4 ·
MSD all the way for me. I have never had any problems, or failures of any type.

I had wired in a brand new 6al box, and hooked it to the side terminals, and used the top posts for the rest of the vehicle. It looked slick, and neat, so I left work, and decided to start it in the morning. My boss, at the time, tried to start it after I left, and he could not get it running. The next morning I heard him on the phone with MSD trying to get a defective return authorization number. I walked over to the car with my volt meter, and the positive side post terminal only had 9 volts, so I hooked up a jumper wire from the positive top post to the side post terminal, and cranked it over. Well it started right up while he was still on the phone with MSD. He had worked on it until 11:30 PM, and spent the night at the shop. You should have seen the dumb founded look on his face :D

#6 ·
dist

I have upwards of 50 customer engines with MSD distributors. Chevy,Ford and mopars.

I only ever had 1 issue with 1 distributor. The pick-up went to ground. The customer sent it back and got a new one and never had another problem.

Nothing but MSD for me.

Keith

#11 ·
I have always run a GM HEI in my 72 pu. Recently I purchased a "overseas" HEI from a company in kentucky (white performance) on EBAY. It was only 43 bucks!!! and has an advertised 65K coil. I thought that for that kind of $ I can't go wrong so I ordered it along with some other goods. It is made by TSP or total street performance, it is billet and has the MSD type red cap, adjustable vac advance. After some very close inspection in it went...no problems so far after about 800 miles...god hates a coward! (PS my stock HEI rides with me under the seat).

#13 ·
Steel said:
LOL, Smart man! Most of those electronics that White performance sell on fleabay are of the Chinese version. I'm glad that it has performed well for ya, it would scare the bajesus out of me though!! :mwink: :mwink:
Yes well it was a gamble, kept thinking about the gear self destructing taking out my cam etc. etc. etc. And by the way to correct myself its Tennessee not Kentucky...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.