Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Steven
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here built their own garage from scratch? I am wanting to but terrible with working with wood. I have tools though (many) and would like a 2-3 car garage to fit all my tools and a project. I am probably not going to do this soon but i do want to do it.

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
for less than 100.00 you can go on the web and get a nice set of plans that are done in accordance with the UBC for your area and include a bill of materials..for someone that has never done it i would reccomend that route..

it is almost a kit deal as you get studs precut at the lbr yard and there are lots of truss mfrs in your area so it is almost just a nail it together deal..do get a pro to pour your slab for you as concrete is not an easy deal.

Sam

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,984 Posts
I bought a book at Home Depot and was on my way.

I did customize my roof a bit to fit my hoist though.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i built my 24x40 for like 1800. look at the ones' they have have home depot 1500 bucks 10x12. home depot has shed books then just make it bigger. but yeah check with your town for the zone laws. pole barns might not need a permit, cause its not a permanent structure.

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
I've built a few. My last was a 28x36 with a 6' overhang on two sides, before that was my wifes 20x20 building, before that was a 24 x 36 with two overhangs and before that was my 24x24. Not really hard to do. You need a lot of common sense. But take the advice and pick up some books. It may make you or break you after reading them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.