A while back I asked for help with getting Vertigate shifter measurements. big gear head helped me out some, and I found an absolutely trashed shifter locally to work with.
After sending the bad unit away to be measured and using big gear head's measurements, I managed to create a new vertigate with all new parts.
It was to be remotely mounted in the trunk of my RX7 FB, but I couldn't get the throw right so it's been shelved for now. Also I didn't put reverse onto the shifter, that was a problem to be solved for later.
The little tabs on the base were for shift position sensors.
It was water-jet cut out of 1/4" mild steel (way overkill).
The extra tabs and levers were for the remote-mount setup, which while it worked I couldn't get it to throw enough with the shift handle I made.