Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a 40 series delta flow with 3" inlete and 2.25" outlet for my 2000 GMC 5.3 litre. Will it really increase the power of this engine or does the sound really just make you believe it does?

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
It depends on how restrictive your old exhaust was.

Flowmasters can be a little bit on the "baloney pipe" side. They sound good on an engine making a little power, and they will sound good on an engine a lot of power.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ive had flowmasters on 3 vehicles. On the stock motor I didn't notice any real difference. But on the built motors they do make a difference. I noticed it more in torque than horsepower. Also the newer trucks exhaust is much less restrictive than the older models. Good luck. Smoking all four tires in Carolina!!!

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Most aftermarket mufflers flow better than stock. Thus more often than not you'll see an increase in power. However there are many mufflers out there that flow better than flowmaster. While they are by no means a bad product, their bark is more powerful than their bite.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Siggy_Freud said:
Most aftermarket mufflers flow better than stock. Thus more often than not you'll see an increase in power. However there are many mufflers out there that flow better than flowmaster. While they are by no means a bad product, their bark is more powerful than their bite.

Well put..:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.