Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i have a 1994 impala ss and i am taking out the 350 and i am now in the process of putting in a carb 427 BB. I am leaving in the 4L60e transsmission in the car. What can i do to make my digital speedometer work with this swap? I have a TCI transmission controller will that help? PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP !!!!!!! :smash:

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

What is the transducer made to fit? Go to the TCI site and look up the numbers , IIRC, (it's been a while) they have a "Universal " transducer, that fits GM, and another that fits the rest of the world..

If it's the right part number, you should be able to use it.

Doc :pimp:

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here,

The transducer is the device that fits into the transmission, and converts mechanical driven energy into electronic pulses to drive the Digital Speedometer..

It will Not drive any of the other gauges in the dash..

For that, you'll need a Schematic for the Dash wiring to engine bay and other gauges..and wire that to suit your application.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay i have looked on the tci website and it doesnt have a transducer i searched it and couldnt find anything. and if i get this part it will work my speedometer because i have different gauges for everything else.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

On the Semitics I pulled for 94 full sized vehicles, I did not see a specification for a digital dash..(they don't tell you, the wires just say "---> to instrument cluster")

But on the third one I looked at, showed several taps to "instrument Cluster" from the power train module..as well as the Sensors. This one I suspect is a digital dash cluster..as opposed to the others that just show a lamp tied to switched hot and sender..

The Spedo, comes from the transmission transducer to the speedo head AND the VSS pin on the Power Control module..

The best way to find out, is get a manual for your car, and run down the wire colors V/s Pins on the Power Train Control module..If the module is "Inbetween" the dash and the sender/Sensor, you must use the module..OR look into an aftermarket interface kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.