Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I need a bucket of arc sparks
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anybody here ever get sellers remorse when you sell your car. I do sometimes, there were a few that I wish I had never would have sold. Then there were some cars I couldn't wait to get out of my sight.

·
Beats pickin' cotton
117 Posts
Just had it yesterday. I sold my 73' Hurst Olds and I hated to see it go, but things happen. Still have my Lemans to keep me happy.

·
Registered
467 Posts
The remorse thing sets in, everytime I think about any car I've sold that was older than 1960 - running or not.
Once the Where-Would-I-Put-'Em-All-If-I-Still-Owned-'Em feeling kicks in, it's like a drug... I feel better now, Thankyou :D

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
I have had seller and buyer remorse....

Not wanting to get ripped off and get stuck buying somebody elses problem and selling a car I have worked hard to get back on the road. I sold the GTO Judge clone to my son and I am going to get down to 1 or 2 cars this summer...can't build them all don't ya know!!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
I need a bucket of arc sparks
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the bug sometimes, I will buy a car just to turn a profit but sometimes I want to keep it. It is like a addiction, I love to buy them but sometimes I don't want to get rid of them. I bought a 72 Dodge Dart this summer for $200 and was going to turn it over for a profit, but I changed my mind. I like the car so much I still have it, I guess I cannot have seller remorse over it. I still kick myself for selling my 68 GT Fastback Torino. Everytime I go to Cheyenne I always wonder if it is still around town, I have seller remorse over this car. What make it worse is I only sold it for $75 in 1994, I had nowhere to store it while I was in the Army. :(

·
Too many hobbies!
239 Posts
Call me sentimental...

Every time I sell a vehicle that has served me well. It's almost like giving away puppies. You want it gone, but you don't want some schmuck to take it, and treat it like a pile.

A buddy of mine, has an Olds 2-door. The lady he bought it from, made him promise that it would never be cut up, and turned into a race car.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Ive sold several old cars and I regret them all.
Not so much that Im just greedy and wanted them, but I have a lot of memmories with them.
Financial trauma forced my sell every time.:( HG

·
Deviant AMC Guy
86 Posts
I have sellers remorse on both my 57 Chevys, both my 68 Mustangs, and my 74 AMX.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts