Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to tip my hat in gratitude to Docvette! It's folks like him that make this such a GREAT (and a great BB as well) pastime!!! Seems like Docvette is always there to help. I have learned about everything from relays to reading a DVM from his post"s. I know there are many more like him on this BB but it just seems like that his responces always speak to my ( I'm not very well versed in electronics) ignorance :D . SALUTE :thumbup: :pimp:
Keith

·
Lost in the 60's
15,258 Posts
Yep! Doc's a dandy...we are proud to have him on this site. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Doc is the smartest man alive. :D
No, forget that, he is the smartest human who ever lived. :thumbup: Just kidding :D
Doc is an asset to this site as his knowledge is vast and diverse. He's funny too. Doc is at the top of the good guy list

And Deuce is pretty smart too. So is kultulz, and poncho and centerline. So are Xntric and oldred and Jon. And malc and henry and homebrew and martinsr and onemoretime and cboy. I could keep on naming people who devote a great deal of time here to help others. This website would not be the best on the net without them.

here I found a picture of Doc from when he was young, advertising one of the many helpful DIY products that made him prosperous from such an early age.

Later, mikey

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Thanks brew, I'm not worthy.

I do feel the need though to say, in all seriousness, that Docvette demonstrates to us every day just how helpful, intuitive, intelligent and generous he is.
He is always cheerful and explains the most technical things in a manner that can always be understood by most anyone who has the most basic grasp of electricity. I never see him tell someone "you can't get there from here" unless you really can't. He has provided FAQ's and tutorials to help with those who need to learn the basics.

We are all very fortunate to benefit from his experience. I know his knowledge goes far beyond just things that use wires and electricity, his knowledge of people and life in general is just as great.
I am sure , that he is as great an asset to his community on earth, as he is to us, here in cyberspace.

I felt the need to post this here because in my first post really didn't say everything I should have.

Later,
Mikey

·
Administrator
18,397 Posts
I'll tell you something.....BD (Before Doc) < I was moderating the electrical forum alone................I am pretty much clueless when it comes to electrics.....well, compared to Doc anyways. Sure was glad when he came along.......and he's funny too................. :thumbup:

·
Lost in the 60's
15,258 Posts
Sheeeeeesh! I wonder how much Doc paid Mikey to say all that? Two posts no less! ha ha ha J/K :D You just cannot say enough good things about Doc. :thumbup:

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
Doc's not alone....
There's alot of guys who know their stuff here!
Trees, poncho62, MachineShopTom, Henry Highrise, Deuce, xntrik, Centerline, and 4JawChuck (where'd he go? Is he busy polishing aluminum intake manifolds like he was 6 months ago?)

there;s others, and alot of young guns (not unlike myself) whose learning a lot from those who've been there and done that. :)

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,110 Posts
yeah, but when it comes to 'trons, doc is a god send. thanks for being here old man.

(you ARE older than me, arnt you???) :D

·
Lost in the 60's
15,258 Posts
Doc's pretty dadgummed old....I heard that he came over here on the Mayflower. :D

·
Registered
802 Posts
ChevelleSS_LS6 said:
Doc's not alone....
There's alot of guys who know their stuff here!
Trees, poncho62, MachineShopTom, Henry Highrise, Deuce, xntrik, Centerline, and 4JawChuck (where'd he go? Is he busy polishing aluminum intake manifolds like he was 6 months ago?)

there;s others, and alot of young guns (not unlike myself) whose learning a lot from those who've been there and done that. :)

no way! 3 of them names up there belong to burn-outs and i don't mean when you spin a tire neither :nono: ya you 3 know who are and i'm calling you out! and the other 5 where probably brownie eaters too back in there day!

:welcome: haha j/k guys i just have to pull your guys's chain b/c thats what i do best.

oh and poncho ain't very informative about 4wd stuff neither, but he can damn sure tell ya who sang the beep beep song (btw, my 2yr. old loves that damn song. i had to download it on my mp3 player for him) but all in all poncho is a good guy now that i got to know him. lord knows when we 1st met...well.....lets just say we started on the wrong foot to begin with but time helped with that i suppose :confused: i really don't know what happened. i consider him one of my friends on here now ;) and can always rely on him to come up with something sarcastic to say in a thread if i can't come up with anything

tom is a good guy and has helped me out before. i believe it was tom who talked me into going with aftermarket heads instead of porting the crap out of the heads i had givin to me. so thanks to him i saved some money in long run and ended up with a better set of heads. even tho we disagree when it comes to politics that didn't stop him from helping me. so i have to say tom is a good man, thank you tom for your time and help if i havn't already told you so.

the h-man, haha.....well i don't even know where to begin with him. it makes me laugh just thinking about it :D.lets just say i can always depend on henry for a hard time but it's all in good fun. i don't think i have asked him for help before but i can always depend on him for a laugh whenever i post. even if i'm having a bad day all i have to do is come home and post something on the board and i know the h-man is going to reply with something silly to make laugh. i'd have to say i'd also consider the h-man as one of my friends on here and has a great sense of humor.

xntric, man did we have words when we 1st met!! but he quickly fixed the situation then we were cool. then after that we talked to eachother like we were old pals. he has never personally helped me but i have read some of his posts doing a search that has helped me. from what i read he has a very inquistive mind and full of good info. i havn't seen or herd anything from him lately, is he still around? bottom line is xntric is a good guy too, btw incase your reading this xntric fords SUCK!! haha (just had to get that last word in :D )

i just relized i was going off topic but i didn't want to erase all that ^ since it took me forever to peck. na i was just saving the best for last. ya thats it. the infamous Doc Vette :pimp: just about every seach i ever did doc was always in there somewhere, he has something to say about everything i guess thats b/c he's older than dirt. did you guys know doc got drivers lic. on the back of a brauno-saurous (however the hell you spell it) j/k doc i always picked on you for being old or should i say "seasoned". doc is actually one of the 1st people on here to help me out. when i did my head gasket replacements my car wouldn't start afterwords and i was about to loose it and do something stupid then doc chimed in my thread and broke it all down into steps for me. afterwords thats when i relized it's always the stupid crap that you overlook and in most cases the easiest too, i say that b/c come to find out it was b/c of a corroded battery temrinal...duh :rolleyes: man i was ready to kick myself in the arse. doc is an awsome guy and very informative, i think this board should really be greatfull he's one of us and not a youngrodder...oh wait don't they have an age limit over there :confused: j/k

later guys i have to go eat dinner now, maybe i'll peck some more later

-J

·
Lost in the 60's
15,258 Posts
Jessie......I hope that you don't have any dinner tonight....I hope your wife tells ya to make a sandwich....Ha Ha Ha thats all you deserve.....Hey Mikey hide the brownies so Jessie can't get into them. OMG you guys did not mention Powerrodsmike........he is very helpful and informative also...he is really on the ball with his fabrication methods and easy fixes and solutions to all kinds of problems. Besides we need Mikey on this site because he is the only one that posts decent Birthday pictures and he is on a first name basis with the burrito lady of Gilroy. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts