Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the plot...

If I turn the key to on and the check eng light comes on it starts If not it doesn't. have changed relays ign switch. cleaned EVERY connection. I have two vans. I'll try any switch that might work.

·
Giggity Giggity
62 Posts
First place I would start would be the grounds. Then trace the +12v power wires to the pcm and see if they have loose connections at the fuse box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

I like the feed back. I have pulled and cleaned EVERY connection on this thing. I pulled every ground point cleaned the connection scraped the paint off the fire wall
(or rust off block) and reatached. opened all the harnesses and checked every wire. I'm thinking it must be the computer. but don't want to except that it runs perfect when it starts.

·
Giggity Giggity
62 Posts
If you have another PCM, I would suggest trying to swap it out then. I looked long and hard for an running rich issue with my 90 corrado and it turned out that a few of the prongs in the pcm to the main chip ahd gotten misaligned.

When you dont have the check engine light, do you have 12v at the pcm?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.