Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, so I have a 2005 dodge ram 5.7 hemi that was originally an automatic transmission. I swapped on a T56 magnum a six speed manual transmission. I also had the the pcm reprogrammed to a manual but it didn't seem to get done right. When I'm cruising and go into neutral my rpms drop very slowly and get stuck at 1800 rather than dropping to idle. Alos if I'm in neutral and I barely press the acceleratot the rpms keep going up all the way to redline. In any case I know its pcm related because its drive by wire throttle. After I drive on the highway it seems like the computer teaches itself and it starts to drive fine until I turn off my truck and turn it on again in which case the problems start over again. Does anyone know what I can do or who I would be able to go to to get this fixed. I was gonna buy a pcm from a manual truck but than I would have vin# issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.