Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Duck Tape & WD 40
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want some info on dodge stepsides. My friend eric saw a warlock and tried to tell me that dodge never made a stepside. I got pics of my uncle's stepside warlock and eric told me that the bed is actually a gm bed and you had to custom order it when the truck was new, I told him that he was a fool and that I would find some info on dodge stepsides so I could prove him wrong, any info would be appreciated.

also I was just wondering which company was the first to make the stepside?

·
Get out the ducktape...
213 Posts
I do believe they make stepsides....one case being the lil' red express. As for the first I dont know, it all depends on when you want to start considering trucks for what they were. Back late 20's--early 30's trucks were car cabs with beds so that's debatable.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
As I understand it Dodge just like Chevy, GMC, and Ford made step side beds throughout the 20's 30's 40's and 50's. Dodge however kind of abandoned the step side as its base truck in the 60's and 70's in favor of the fleet side bed but the step side was always available if you wanted to order one. There were special editions available like the Little Red Express and Warlock as you mentioned but none of the beds step side or otherwise on Dodge trucks were ever made by GM.

Centerline

·
Administrator
18,437 Posts
Dodge always had the stepsides, although not as common as Chevy and Ford. The Warlock and Lil Red Express are prime and I think about the last examples. Don't seem to remember any after that....78, 79....

·
Registered
358 Posts
I had a '50 Dodge stepside pickup for a while in high school. Flat 6, a real POS, but I could haul a good amount of crap around and it only cost me $75.00. Drove it for about 4 months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts